Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Our Family Vacation, 2015

... or better known as #mplvaca15

We happen to be good friends with my husband's business partner & his family so we planned our family vacation around some strategic business planning they were getting away to do.  It was so much fun!

This summer we headed to Pigeon Forge for a week.  Nathan & I do not regularly take vacations, so this time away AND together as a family was so enjoyable!
 We shopped outlets, ate lots of yummy food, had late night chats in the living room of our cabin, visited Dollywood, Splash Country, Gatlinburg Aquarium, Dixie Stampede and more!  We initially said we weren't going to plan a lot of activities, but then just fitting in what we wanted to do while we were there kept us on our toes.   
 Chase adapted to the environment change so well and was a "happy little camper" while we were away.  It was so fun experiencing so many "first" with him!

And to top it all off, to be able to spend time with my friend!  Jennifer & I have been friends since I was in the 8th grade!  That is a lot of memories through the years and how fun that now, after all of this time, our husbands are friends (even business partners) and we are raising little boys right around the same age.  

I'm so glad we laugh through the stressful stuff and cry through the happy stuff (and no, I don't have that turned around!) lol  She's like the sister I never had and I'm thankful for the extra time I had this summer to experience life with her! 

No comments: