Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year - New Feelings

Going into the holiday season this year, I had a lot of feelings that were different for me.  Experiencing holidays with a baby and my baby's daddy (haha) brought all kinds of mushy emotions.  Several times I was overcome to tears (of thankfulness) that I was finally experiencing life with a baby.  

I have no intentions of raising a spoiled brat, but I've got to admit, I'm so taken with this little guy that I do have to be careful not to "baby" him too much!  It seems to me that these are normal feelings for parents of just one child...after all, you have no where else to put your attention.

Anyhow, we are at such a fun stage with Chase now.  Each week seems to bring on new and fun stages!  Yes, there are hard times already in raising a child, but experiencing all of the good times and doing this with my best friend (baby daddy) is my own little dream come true!  I have to fight the urge I feel to be sad at how quickly this first year of his life is flying by, but we are having so much fun with each stage that I'm just trying to enjoy the moment instead!

We're looking forward to what 2014 brings our little family and my prayer is that I honor God with the wife and Momma I am.  My plan is to be intentional with all that I do!

1 comment:

Stephanie Lynn Burley said...

I love Chase's expression in the last photo! So cute!