Chase is now 2 1/2 years old. The past few months have been a big adjustment for him, but he is doing so well with his new baby sister!
* You are such a good eater (when you will sit still in your chair) and you love healthy food. For instance, I asked you what you wanted for lunch the other day and you said, "just cucumbers". You normally eat all of your vegetables first and even ask for more before you will move on to the other items on your plate.
* At Zoey's first doctor's appointment she just cried and cried when we put her back in her car seat. You tried to hold in the tears, but they came out anyhow and you cried and yelled, "Momma!". I think her loud cries made you sad and scared all at the same time.
* You are very independent. We hear, "I do it myself" several times throughout the day!
* You like for someone to lay down with you for your naps and at night - but we are trying to wean you from that. You end up in our bed half way through the night sometimes, but you prefer to move all around or sleep sideways, so I try to take you back into your bed. (when I'm alert enough to remember!)
* You are still working on potty training
* You love to watch Paw Patrol and Veggie Tales. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Thomas will do sometimes as well.
* You are best buddies with Wyat. You are normally pretty laid back until you get with him and then you both are WILD! You also love playing with Graham. The 3 of you boys together is just mass chaos.
* You still ask for your cup and blanket (key-key) when you get in the car or are going down for a nap. I think you are getting more attached to your blanket the older you get.
* I got you a portable DVD player for the car and you call it your stereo. You really think your special when I will let you watch movies on my iPad or phone.
* You are still shy/scared around people you don't know.
...because of this, getting your hair cut is a nightmare. And yes, we've tried Cookie Cutters! Last time it needed done, Daddy decided he would cut it himself and you would have thought we were torturing you. I think the trimmers both tickle and scare you - scissors coming at your head don't seem to be any more reassuring.
* You still love to be cuddled when you wake up in the morning or when you get up from your nap.
* You wear 3T shirts and 2T pants.
* You have had a hard time listening & obeying since Zoey was born. I don't know if it has any connection to her or if it is simply that you are 2 years old and still testing us and learning.
* You are so fun at this stage. (I say that at every stage so far!) You make me cry big 'ole happy Momma tears one minute and 'my nerves are shot' tears the next :)
* You still take an afternoon nap every day - normally around 2 hours
* You are a Daddy's boy and love building, watching TV, playing hide-n-seek or wrestling with Daddy every evening!
Funny things you have said recently:
- (As I mutter doing things around the house) What you say?
- (As Zoey cries when you're holding her) It's ok, it's ok - I got you!
- (When she wakes up from her nap) Hi baby girl, it's Chase!
- (Responding to Zoey crying) Momma, feed her!
- (After I told you not to bother her) Momma, can I pet her?
- (When you saw a real donkey at our live nativity) He real!
- (Introducing yourself to the goats) Hi goat, I Chase!
- (Using manners) Thank you
- (Your meal prayer) Thank you, God, for this food. Amen!
- (Driving by Christmas light displays) Cool lights!
- (As we try to pull your shirt up over your head when dressing you) That tickles!