Monday, October 5, 2015

Being An Only Child

Our summer was full of activities and I look back and am thankful for all of the experiences we shared with Chase.  His time being an only child is about over!
I am so excited for Zoey to arrive and yet sad that this phase with Chase is about to end.
Chase is 2 years & 4 months!
He's growing & changing every week right now.  It amazes me that we can carry on conversations with him and he seems to understand SO much of what is going on around him.
I just want to bottle up this stage and keep him my funny little boy forever!
A funny thing that happened recently - My Mom & Nathan have been working with Chase to memorize John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".
Well...the other morning Chase was taking his bath and splashing water out of the tub a little too much for my liking (as in I had to ring out the bath mat!).  I lectured him and told him he could play & splash but to keep the water IN the tub.  I come back in there just a few minutes later and there is water everywhere around the tub area.  I'm wagging my finger at him and really scolding him for disobeying and all of a sudden he just starts saying, "For God so loved the world! For God so loved the world! For God so loved the world!".
I could hardly keep the smile off my face.  While I'm glad he is retaining scripture - I didn't love that he was using it on me while I was trying to discipline him! :)  He's learning a little too quick-like when to pull out the charm!

We are steadily making progress on potty training - Mommy really doesn't want 2 in diapers for very much longer! :)
Chase has pretty much made it a habit now to end up in our bed EVERY night.  He has been such a good sleeper since around 9 months or so and this last year must have just been a giant transition on him. We put him to sleep in his bed and we lay down with him because he acts terrified.  Once he is asleep we get up and go to our bed.  He's normally in our bed by 4:00 each morning and he will sleep so well on "his" pillow right between us!  

He's so ornery, yet still so sweet & cuddly!  I really can't wait to see him as a big brother...
He still tells us he is going to be a good big brother, but he insist Zoey is NOT going to stay at our house!  I think we all have a lot of adjustments coming our way over the next week or so! :)

Anyone have any last minute advice for me on introducing a baby sister into his life?

No comments: