Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ten Things I'm Thankful For:

With every passing day, I realize how important it is to concentrate on the positive and be thankful for the big & small things.

It sounds trivial to name small things, but I'm starting to come in contact with more and more people that don't have those small things.

1.  Health.  
Today I do not say that with little thought...  I say it knowing that acquaintances are saying good-bye to their loved ones.  People that are young, leaving small children behind.  People that have fought cancer with every fiber of their being.  And people that didn't know they wouldn't wake up tomorrow.

I have been blessed with good health and those in my immediate family have faced little to no health crisis.  I know I don't have a forever guarantee of this, but I'm grateful...

2.  Family.  
I've read stories recently of family dysfunction and tension.  Though my family is not perfect, I can hardly fathom what these stories mention.  My brothers both married ladies that compliment them and seem to fit in our family with ease.  Not having sisters of my own, I treasure the relationships I have with my sister-in-laws.  I am thankful for parents who pray for us and assist us with childcare on a weekly basis so that I can work in the office a few days a week.

God blessed me with in-laws that love and support me.  They don't seek to tear me down and would do anything to help us.  They faithfully pray for us and also assist us with childcare on a weekly basis.

3.  My Son.  
I could list this under family, but that cute little guy deserves his own number :)  I fall more in love with him each day.  Being his Momma has changed me and made me a better person.  We love being parents and watching our little guy grow and learn new things.

4.  Friends.  
I am not the type of person to have a ton of close friends.  I have a few people that I am close to (my inner circle) and I value those friendships immensely.  I claim some of my girlfriends as sisters since I never had any of my own and I'm lucky enough that they treat me that way as well.  These woman have been in my life practically from childhood on.  We share many memories and laughs about growing up together and I am so thankful for them!

5.  Employment.  
I know a lot of people have been out of work with the downturn of the economy over the last few years, but I am thankful for the employment I have and the financial benefit I have been able to give my family through that income.  Much deeper than that, I am thankful for my coworkers and the family atmosphere we have in our office.  I am thankful for the way my job pushes me to learn new things.  I am thankful for opportunities to grow in my career and for a boss that values me.  I am thankful for an employer with Christian values and that they support that in their employees as well.  I'm also thankful for an employer that supports the fact that my family is my top priority.

6.  Salvation.  
I'm thankful that God's love is unconditional.   I do not have to earn His love through good works.  I am thankful that a relationship with God can be obtained from me asking for forgiveness from my sins and seeking to honor God with my life.

7.  My Church.  
I am thankful that God has blessed me with a pastor & wife that love their people.  They give of their time & talents to show us they love us.  I am thankful for a church family that supports each other in prayer.  I am thankful for a church that enjoys singing and worshiping together!

8.  Hobbies.  
I am thankful for the down time I have to shop, decorate, blog, watch TV, DIY, organize or whatever I am in the mood for.  I am glad I have things in my life I enjoy and that can give me the time to "cool down" that I need after a hectic day or work week.

9.  Social Media. 
I am thankful for these avenues to stay in touch with friends & family.  I love being able to see activities my friends/family are doing along with how their kiddos are growing.  I love that even when miles keep us apart, I can still feel close to people who mean a lot to me!

10.  Playing Dress-up.  
Don't laugh.  I always tell Nathan that clothes/shoes/purses/watches are "my thing".  I enjoy dressing up, creating new ensembles in my wardrobe or evening helping other people do this.  I'm come to the conclusion that the show What Not To Wear would be a perfect gig for me.  I love fashion blogs and learning to create new looks with items already in my closet.

(above items in no particular order)


What is something you are thankful for this year?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a great reminder. I, too, am thankful. :-)