Sunday, August 31, 2014

My Birthday Month!

August was my birthday month and like normal, I tried to soak up all of the hype about my day! :)  Well, the self-imposed hype!

Nathan was a sweetie and took me on a date to St. Elmo Steakhouse downtown.  It was fun to wear and pretty dress and go out with my man.  We hadn't taken a date since Christmas so a little time to just talk with my man was nice.  

...and then after our date, we went to Sam's Club and went grocery shopping.  We're crazy like that!! :) 
We spent time with our friends that weekend and had a lovely meal prepared by Jen.  I love our pictures now compared to our teenage snapshots.  The kid craziness that always comes when we are together just makes me laugh.  I love our lives and that my closest friends are friendships I've had from my teen years on.

Thank you God for another year, for good health, time with my family & friends - and for giving me so many things to be thankful for!

...and PS, 30's are much better than my 20's!  :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Leah! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Isn't it funny that once you have kids that little things like grocery shopping without them is a luxury!!