Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pregnancy Update: 33 weeks

33 weeks!

I lost weight at my doctor's appointment this week.  Still showing I've gained 21 pounds.  They did an ultrasound to make sure he was ok and I had plenty of fluid.  Everything looked perfect!    Chase is weighing in around 4.5 pounds.  The US tech estimated he would be around 7.5 pounds if I carried him to term.

I am hitting a phase of complete exhaustion.  I went to bed at 7:30 the other night.  I'm waking up several times a night to pee and still tossing and turning throughout the night.  I'm most comfortable to stretch out in bed though, so I'm trying to rest when possible.

Besides my maxi dresses or skirts, maternity clothes are pretty much a must.  

My hands are starting to swell slightly.  I'll notice at the end of a long day my feet are slightly swollen as well.  Still nothing extreme or that gives me discomfort.

My appetite has finally calmed down.  I do seem to want sweets a lot, which is different for me.  I can't eat a lot at one time now so I'm back to snacking throughout the day rather than full meals.

He is still a pretty active little guy.  He's all stretched out in there and I can certainly feel his strong movements.  I'm carrying him low and definitely feel his movements low already...how uncomfortable that will be once he actually drops!

Childbirth classes are going well.  We have 3 more to attend...Nathan is certain he already has more details than he should about this whole process :)

All of his newborn and 0-3 months clothes are washed and put away.  His diaper bag is packed and ready for the hospital.  I still have to order the curtains, bed skirt and bumper and hang the map above his crib.  Other than that, the nursery is d-o-n-e and I am in love with it.

I would like to get my house in order, all of my laundry caught up and some freezer meals made.  Those are my plans for the next two weeks.  I've already started packing my bag for the hospital and am putting together a goodie bag for us as well.

As you can tell, I'm a bit of a planner.  That makes this final phase a little hard to handle.  I don't want to be induced necessarily, but not knowing when anything will happen certainly makes me want to get everything done as early as I can so we are ready when he decides to make his entrance! 

Check out these chubby cheeks...what I get to kiss on when he makes his grand arrival :)  Cannot wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Leah! You are almost there. I've gained the same amount of weight with my twins. You are doing great : )
Katherine
www.jagstyleblog.com

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add, but you have over 11 weeks on me. Lol