Thursday, July 8, 2010

Banned From The Kitchen!

Funny thing happened to me this week...
I was making dinner for Dad & Mom as they were helping on the new house one evening and right about the time my casserole should have been done baking, my oven beeped a couple of times and then the door locked.  I knew it was time to pull the casserole out, so I went over to open the door and realized my oven was going cra-zy!  It just kept saying locked on the screen and the casserole was really starting to sizzle!  I was only baking it on 350 degrees, so it seemed odd to me that it was burning already! 

We were all standing around the oven trying to figure out what was going on and Nathan finally decided to just take the oven door off.  He had to bend (break) the lock to get the door open and we realized the oven had automatically gone to broil and locked us out!  I'm not sure if it was mad at me for the lack of use lately or what, but we finally had to flip the breaker to get the crazy thing to turn off!  Have you ever heard of such a thing? 

In that short amount of time, the top of my casserole burnt to a crisp and we had a lovely odor lingering in the house as we tried to eat the rest of our lunch!  Just thankful they were there and thinking clearly (as I took pictures and giggled at my misfortune) so that our house didn't burn down!  Whew!


Peggy B. said...

Now this is a story for the memory book.

Jessica said...

How random and I've never heard of such a thing!