Thursday, July 24, 2014

Another week has past...

Nathan grew up participating in 4H at the county fair.  He was so excited to take Chase this year and show him all of the animals at the fair!  Chase is a bit reserved right now, but he still seemed to enjoy looking at all of the people and animals.  And of course, he had to sample a delicious milkshake from the dairy vendor :) oh yum!
 So ever since Nathan took the time {and money!} to put in our landscaping, Hunter has been "branding" all our boxwood bushes!  Wouldn't you know, that kills them!  Hunter has also decided that our landscaping beds prove to be the perfect little place to dig a hole and cozy up for an afternoon nap! : /  While I love my puppy dog, we just couldn't let him tear up all of the landscaping Nathan had worked so hard to put in.  

Nathan extended Hunter's invisible fence to now block him from entering the landscaping beds...which means he can't come up to the house now unless he comes through the garage {aka his dog house}.  We've put up flags where the invisible fence has been installed so that he can learn his new parameter.  He won't even walk in the front yard right now...it makes me so sad that he's scared about the change.  I know he'll learn though...he does so good with the invisible fence that outlines the exterior of our yard. 
I visited a local produce farm to pick up some peaches...my oh my are they yummy!  We had some on Sunday with homemade pound cake and ice cream {compliments of my Pastor's wife}. 
Chase & I both just LOVE green beans so Nathan spoiled us by planting plenty of green beans in the garden this year.  He picked 6 gallons last night off of one row alone {we have 2 more - yikes!}.  We had fresh green beans for dinner last night and plan on canning the rest of them this evening.

Chase has found a new toy!  He's played some with our broom and thinks our small dust pan is pretty fun too, but this past week this has become his most favorite toy in all of his 1 year of life!  Hello - why do I even buy him trucks, trains or balls. 

He was banging into everything with the long handled broom so Nathan cut the handle off one of our other ones so Chase would have a broom just his size.  He was so excited about this and just sobbed when we took it from him so he could go to bed for the night!  Sometimes he will even hold it while we carry him around...it's like he has another limb :)
So that's the randomness of my week so far.  I love that Chase keeps us busy & laughing - he helps me enjoy life at this crazy stage!

No comments: