Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 15 weeks - 2nd trimester!

Size of baby: just over 4 inches long (from crown to rump)
2.5 ounces - the size of an apple

Weight Gained:  6 pounds

Sleep: I'm sleeping well.  Seem to be not needing quite so much, but I'm taking advantage of this time where I can actually sleep...and sleep well :)

Cravings: My appetite isn't quite so strong.  I'm still enjoying comfort food, but no specific cravings.

Symptoms: This past week has brought on some intense headaches.  I knew part of this was stemming from some tense muscles in my neck and had my massage therapist - my Aunt! - work  those tense areas.  Headaches are still there, although manageable.  

The only time I feel sick to my stomach is if I don't eat - feeling SO thankful for that still.  I get sore easily if I lift or move around a lot...seeing how I sit at a desk for my day job.  

Starting to get excited about actually preparing for the baby.  I am making myself wait until after Christmas so we don't have too much longer to wait now!

Movement:  BabyCenter tells me the baby is kicking and stretching, but of course I don't feel anything at this point.  So hard to believe so much is going on in there!

Maternity Clothes:  I have a few dresses and skirts that I've started wearing.  Other than that, not necessary yet.

Best moment this week:  At our appointment last week, we heard the heartbeat again and had a good report from the doctor.  We were also able to schedule our 20 week ultrasound where we plan to find out the baby's gender.  VERY excited for that!

No comments: