Friday, April 1, 2011

Fear

This is a reminder to myself...

As He promises in Isaiah 43, when we come to a place we've never passed through before, God is always present to help us. "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior" (v.2-3a, NIV).

The Lord is taking care of you today, trust him in all circumstances.  Deuteronomy 33:27, "Eternal God is our refuge & his everlasting arms are under you. He thrust out the enemy before you, it is he who cries, Destroy them." Check this out: God's got your back!

I read these versus recently and felt like they were posted specifically for me.  I fail to do all I am capable of because of fear!  Fear of the unknown, fear of not being accepted and fear that it won't be good enough.  I stop short in being a blessing to others because of this and I feel discouraged in my lack of confidence to just be ME!  It's a new day, folks...and God's got my back!  That should be enough encouragement to go about your day with a smile!

Dear Lord, forgive me when I don't sit and take summary of Your tremendous favor in my life. Your blessings are far superior to anything this world can give me. Help me to remember my place when Your plan for my life leads me to another season that may be risky and cause me to walk by faith and not by sight. I offer this praise of thanksgiving to You. In Jesus' Name, Amen

1 comment:

Peggy said...

yep, me too! Thanks for this great reminder Leah!